Last weekend we spent our 3 days off (Friday was a state holiday- Admission's Day) down at the Ala Moana Hotel with the Martin family. Back in July, Mark and Matt found out that during the month of August, they had 40 rooms for $40 a night (3 night minimum)... so we decided to take a little vacation. We were booked to go down Thursday night, but I had open house at school and when I got home at 8pm, Gavin had a fever. We decided to wait until the next morning to go and check in.
Friday was a zoo day. What an adventure to get there! Katie and I took the 3 kids- Gavin, Abby, and Zack on the trolley and the guys drove down with the stroller (they wouldn't let the stroller on the trolley). We looked like a clown car fire drill trying to get off the trolley, but the kids enjoyed the "train" ride.
Saturday was a beach day at the Hilton Hawaiian village lagoon/beach with the occasional "pool crashing" by Mark and Matt to take the kids on the water slides of the resort. I didn't take pictures of most of our adventures out of the hotel, but below are a few of Gavin playing around inside the hotel room. He loves the TV show Diego and wore his backpack all weekend in the hotel (called his "rescue pack") just like Diego.
No comments:
Post a Comment