Sunday, September 4, 2011

Weekend Update

In usual fashion, I have not kept up with recent blog posts (I've got lots of things to write about...fun stories about Dylan, Gavin's football updates, etc..).  So, I'll begin with a "Weekend Update" (I'm a Saturday Night Live fan, though obviously not as funny as Tina Fey.)

First, my back is healing very well! I am back at work full time (and long for the days of getting to lay on the couch all day), but I had to go back eventually :) It has been a month since my surgery and I haven't felt any pain in my leg or back. I start physical therapy next week and look forward to starting to exercise again.

Second, I am so happy to say that I have filed to graduate. This. Semester! I turned in the dissertation to my committee and set the date for my defense. D-day is September 23.  In a perfect world, all five committee members would say that my dissertation is absolutely perfect as-is, but I expect to have to make some revisions. Either way,  I can see the light!

Now that I haven't had to spend every free minute to work on the dissertation, I've had time for a social life!
Last weekend the girls went out for dinner to say Aloha to Michelle who left Sept.1. As I look at this picture I think about a few years ago when our girls night out meant 19 of us! 

Last Sunday we met the Martins for a spur-of-the-moment sunset picnic on the beach. 
Katie and me (We get asked nearly weekly by someone if we are sisters or they just confuse us all together and if it isn't Katie that someone confuses me with, it is Jenn)
Can you say ADORABLE?

Matt and Katie watched our boys last night so Mark and I could have a date night.  We explored Disney's new Aulani resort at Ko Olina for dinner and drinks and then went to see a movie.  Meanwhile back at the Martin house.....
Dylan was really well behaved- HA. Katie said these two boys rolled all over the floor in what seemed to be a match for dominance.

Headlock or Hug? You decide. Either way, Dylan doesn't mind ( probably because he's been in one of these since he was born - guess that comes with the territory of having an older brother)

They took the kids for a walk to feed the swans.


No comments:

Post a Comment