Sunday, March 31, 2013

"Quick" Trip to NJ

I had the opportunity at the beginning of March to go to Princeton, NJ to work on a multi-state panel to set the passing scores for the Middle School English Praxis text.  The experience itself was great - I met many English teachers and University Professors from across the country and had some wonderful and stimulating professional conversations.  I also took full advantage of being on the East Coast and met up with my friends from East Stroudsburg as well as friends that used to live in Hawaii and have now moved back to the East coast.  The trip was short (I left on a Saturday night, arrived on a Sunday afternoon, worked Monday and Tuesday, and left on Wednesday) but it was a great get-away (both professionally and personally)!
The tiny patch of snow left (in the shade) near my conference center. A few days before I arrived, NJ was hit was a big snowstorm and then warm weather to melt it all.  While I was there, the weather was perfect (in the 50's). After I left, they got another snowstorm!

Built this snowman and took a picture for the kids - hands down the best snowman ever!

Dinner with Hawaii-East coast girls...Dominique and Kristen!

Dinner with East Stroudsburg girls! Karen, Steph, Danielle, Kristi, and Jess

No comments:

Post a Comment