Sunday, January 10, 2010

Our Wedding Anniversary

On Tuesday, Jan. 5 we celebrated our 8th wedding anniversary. Hard to believe we have been married 8 years, and started dating around 14 years ago! This year, we went down to the Moana Surfrider to dinner at the Beach House Restaurant (this is the hotel where our reception was - the restaurant is actually in the room of our reception but on Tuesday there was a wedding reception in the room, so we had dinner out on their veranda).

I absolutely love this hotel- it is the oldest hotel in Waikiki, called the "First Lady of Waikiki" . I remember the first time I saw the hotel, I knew this is where I wanted to get married. It reminded me of some of the antebellum homes in the south, so figured it was destiny ;) I've copied a couple of pictures from the internet of the hotel...
The main lobby
The veranda - there are two huge banyan trees out here that provide shade.
The front of the hotel.

Sunset over Waikiki ~ January 5, 2010
On our way to drop Gavin off at the MacDonalds, who watched him for us while we went to dinner.

8 years younger...
Our wedding was before the digital age, so we don't have the digital rights to any of our wedding photos, so these pictures below are pictures of pictures.

Sunset over Waikiki ~ January 5, 2002
The wedding party on Waikiki Beach
Our parents
Engagement picture at Waiamanalo Beach

No comments:

Post a Comment