I've decided that pregnant women go through stages...1) The "I hope the baby doesn't come right now because I've got so many things left to do" and 2) The "Ok, I'm ready now...seriously.... just come already!". I have officially hit stage 2. Everything that I had on my "Before Baby is Born To-Do-List" has been done:
1. Pack hospital bags, create a birth plan, and get the baby's room ready- check
2. Clean the house- check (well, for the most part..)
3. Wrap things up at work- check
4. Turn in a chapter of my dissertation to my advisor - check
5. Present at the English Teacher's conference - check
6. Spend a day at the pool relaxing with the girls - check
7. One last date night with Mark - check
8. Get a pedicure - check
I was really hoping the irony of having a due date so close to Labor Day would result in a real "labor day" for us, but so far nothing. Oh well, he will come when he is ready (or Sept. 10 - my doctor scheduled an induction for this date because the recommend that mothers with gestational diabetes not go past their due dates). So, here is how we spent the 3 day weekend...
Spending the day with the girls at Lisa's pool. Not only was it a great day to catch up with everyone and relax, but it was also a triple baby shower for Monica, Jenn, and myself. It was a perfect day! Below are Lisa (7 months), Jenn (7 1/2 months), and me (9 months, plus some)
On Sunday evening, Mark and I took advantage of Jenn offering to watch Gavin for a few hours and had what was probably the last date night we will have in quite some time. I planned the evening and surprised Mark with pedicures for both of us. He was a little reluctant at the thought as we were walking in, but how could you not enjoy sitting in a massage chair, getting your feet and legs massaged and cleaned up? A pedicure was on my list before baby, so I got to check off two things at once ;) After our pedicures, we went for Thai food at one of our favorite restaurants - Souvalay Thai. Hopefully the picture below is one of the last ones pregnant!
Today, we ended the weekend with a morning trip to Ko Olina with Jenn & Makaela and the Martins. It was nice to relax and tire the kids out before heading home in time for naps.
Matt & Abby surfing on the boogie board.
No comments:
Post a Comment