~The White Trash Family~
One day I needed to go to Target to fill a prescription for pain killers. The whole family went (I couldn't drive myself so Mark had to take me and the kids). I limped in from the parking lot and felt relieved when I saw a motorized cart in the front of the store. I hopped on that thing and took off. I laughed at myself and Mark was laughing at me (he wanted to take a picture, but luckily I talked him out of it). Looking like either a 1) 99 year old woman OR 2) White trash that wasn't really hurt but taking the motorized cart from someone that really needed it - I motored my way over to the pharmacy. (Let me paint the scene for you...Gavin standing up on the motor-cart with me trying to push the buttons causing us to jerk forward then stop suddenly...Mark pushing Dylan in the shopping cart. Dylan has wiggled his way out of the seat belt in the front and keeps trying to stand up in the cart)I get to the pharmacy to pick up my prescription and "park" next to the consultation counter to talk to the pharmacist about my fear of over-dosing on all the pain killers I was taking. Apparently you need to turn the motor-cart off because when I tried to pull away, it wouldn't move. My battery died. At this point, Mark had taken the kids somewhere else in the store, so I was stuck there - no moto-cart and no help. I got off and abandoned my moto-cart and started painfully limping through the store to find Mark. Eventually I made my way to find them and then back to the pharmacy to pick up my prescription. I figured I would sit on my moto-cart (yep, it was still sitting where I left it in the middle of the aisle) and magically, it now worked.
On our way out of the store, Mark looked at me and said we really looked like a white-trash family. I would agree!
~Sleeping with the Dog~
Usually the joke is that when the husband gets in trouble in the marriage that he has to sleep with the dog. Well, that's exactly what I had to do for a few nights. We took the memory foam off our bed and put it in the living room floor for me to lay on my stomach during the day so I could at least be downstairs when the family was awake. As the days went on, it got harder to get upstairs and get into our bed, so I eventually just slept all night on the memory foam mattress. Marley LOVED having the memory foam to sleep on- she curled up next to me the whole time I was there. I got a good glimpse into her life - lay around all day with nothing mentally stimulating to do and no one to talk to. I started to feel sorry for her (and myself...I think that was the day I wrote the Pity-Party blog post).
| Marley kicking it on "our" bed. |
No comments:
Post a Comment