Saturday, August 13, 2011

Mark & Steph + 4

Last Saturday we babysat Abby & Zack Martin while Matt and Katie went to a wedding. At first I was a little nervous having four kids ages 3, 2, 1, and >1 four days after my surgery, but to be honest they were easy.  We originally assumed Mark would be doing all the work, but I was able to pull my own weight :) Of course four kids need to be kept busy, but with all of the toys we have around here there was plenty to keep everyone occupied.  All the kids played great together and we had a great evening. 

We started the afternoon with a game of flag football. 

Abby showed a lot of potential :) Go Abby Go! I love her face in the middle picture :)

The boys...Gavin, Zack, & Dyan

After football it was time to go cruising - we had enough riding toys for everyone to get their own, but that didn't deter them from always wanting to ride on one someone else was using.

Next it was time for a walk around the neighborhood.
We made a pit-stop by the swings and let the kids run around outside.


Next stop was the big banyan tree for Abby and Gavin (Dora and Diego) to explore.
After dinner (pizza & fruit- something we knew everyone would eat) it was time for baths, brushing teeth and books. 
I'd say it was a very successful evening and fun for everyone.  As a side note, I wanted to say how much I enjoyed having Abby around.  I forget what it would be like to have a little girl in the house (the scene around here is usually one of chaos and full of rough play). She picked flowers on our walk, complimented me on my pink pajamas, liked looking at the beautiful sunset that evening, and cuddled with me on the couch while she and Gavin watched Dora before bed.  I guess since there probably won't be any more babies in this house, I'll have to borrow Abby again sometime to enjoy an afternoon with a little girl :)


No comments:

Post a Comment