Saturday, December 8, 2012

Oh yea, I forgot to mention

Speaking of sharing my work (the previous post) I never did officially announce the most important news of my professional life on the blog....I got a job as an Assistant Professor of Reading/Literacy Education at the University of Hawaii! After applying all over the country, the job I got was right here. I guess we will call our little island home for many years to come.

Going through the job search process was quite an experience. First a phone interview, then an all day interview with the search committee, interview with the Dean of the College of Education, and interview with the department head.  I also had to present my research to anyone that wanted to attend.....flyers like the one below were posted around the College of Education buildings as well as on UH's website.

Currently, I'm employed by UH as an Instructor and will move over to my new job on August 1, 2013.  Then the time starts ticking to get tenure (it will be a "publish or perish" life for the next four years!)
My interview was on Dylan's birthday...guess his big day brought me luck :)

No comments:

Post a Comment