Monday, February 18, 2013

Love is....

My favorite words about Love come from 1 Corinthians 13:4 - 7

Love is patient, love is kind.
Love does not envy.
Love does not boast, its not proud.
It is not rude or self-seeking.
Love is not easily angered-it keeps no record of wrong.
Love rejoices in the truth.
It always protects, always trusts, always hopes, and always perseveres.

Such powerful words to capture a single emotion.
Being a mother, wife, daughter, sister, niece, cousin, friend, and teacher provides daily opportunities to practice the values of love. I don't always get them all right all of the time, but life is about providing opportunities for practice on a daily basis.  I am thankful for the many loves in my life and for the daily opportunities to practice perfecting the many facets of love (patience being number one).

Our Valentines day this year was simple - a sunset picnic on the beach - time spent together - time spent with the ones I love.  






I was also the lucky recipient of this thoughtful video made by my husband... I Love You

No comments:

Post a Comment