Now that summer is here, my new job is to be the playmate to Gavin. Mark has been at a workshop all this past week and will be subbing as a summer school PE teacher all next week. So, I've been looking for ways to keep Gavin entertained now that he doesn't have daycare. We have signed up for several Gymboree classes this past week and next (Art, Music, and one called Play and Learn). So far, we've attended the Play and Learn - which has parachute play, bubble play, and time to play on the equipment. Today we attended Art class and next week we
go to Music class.
It takes Gavin a little while to warm up when we first get there, but he really enjoys himself and gets upset when it is time to leave.
Play and Learn class - playing basketball
Art class - he wore a smock and painted with blue and red. He even discovered when he mixes these colors, it makes purple. He was so independent today - when I tried to help him paint, his response was "I'll do it!"
Painting the second picture - red with black dots
He also colored a watermelon on this half of a paper plate. At the end of his class, I asked him to pose with his 3 works of art, and this was all I got ;)
No comments:
Post a Comment