Monday, July 11, 2011

Kung-Fu-Gavin

I wrote a few days ago that Gavin has rekindled his loved of Diego recently, but before this recent change he was in his superhero-ninja-power ranger-phase.  Nearly all the drawings he brought home from school were titled "Batman," "Spiderman," or "Ironman" and our Netflix instant queue was  full of these shows - even really old Superman cartoons.  Waaaayyyy back in June (I told you I was really behind on my blogging!) Gavin went to see Kung-Fu-Panda with Makaela and Aunty Jenn while Mia stayed with us for the evening.

In usual Gavin fashion, about 10 minutes into the movie he began saying he wanted to leave (the kid loves watching television, but just doesn't get the concept of a show lasting more than 30 minutes). Makaela wasn't having anything of leaving early, so Gavin had to tough it out though (As a side note, Mark took him to see Cars 2 today and they didn't make it through the whole movie either...lesson learned.....no more movies for Gavin for a while).

Even if he lost interest after the first 10 minutes or so, I guess he got the idea of the movie, because when he got home from seeing Kung-Fu-Panda, he was in a kung-fu-mood!  This video really makes me smile....he's got the hand motions, fancy foot work, and even sound effects!  Notice the big green ring he is wearing for finishing touches of his kung-fu-look!


7/13/11: I did a little editing of the video...music always makes things better.

1 comment: