Thursday, July 7, 2011

Top Ten Excuses

It has been awhile since I have posted anything new to the blog, so I thought I would give you my top ten excuses.

10. I've been busy cleaning my house. (ha, ha, ha, ha....as you can see I've given up on that a loooong time ago)


 9. I'm busy fixing my hair (ha, ha again...I think my hair has been pulled up in a bun (knot) on top of my head since school has been out)

8. I was about 1day away from having a microdiscectomy. That would be back surgery. I have a herniated disc in my lower back that "popped" out again. This time the pain was almost unbearable. I'll spare you from all the boring details, but will say that it is slowing healing itself. I did spend quite a few days going to the doctors office, to get the MRI, and to pre-register at the hospital. If you know anything about the spine, my herniated disc was at the L5 S1 level. There is also a small bulge at the L4-L5 level. 

7. I read a book!  This book was longer than 10 pages, had no pictures, and had nothing to do with education!  It has been too long since I've got to read a book for pleasure.

6. I get lazy sometimes. I like keeping up this blog but if I fall behind, it becomes like a chore on my "To Do" list. Once it gets moved to the "To Do" list, my procrastination kicks in and well...you can see how long it takes me to get things done on the list!

5. Instead of posting the things I wanted to write about I waste time posting silly things like this top 10 list.  I do have lots of pictures and things to write about, so I'll stop wasting time...starting tomorrow :)

4. I went on VACATION!  No blogging allowed on vacation!

3.  My kids didn't get the memo to sleep in because it is summer break, so I've been getting up at 5 am. Getting up at 5 am means going to bed around 9 or 10 pm (if I don't fall asleep in one of their rooms getting them to bed).  Going to bed on the same schedule as a 3 year old doesn't leave much time for blogging.

2. According to Gavin, I've been busy on rescue missions with Diego (Gavin) and Baby Jaguar (Dylan). I am Alecia, their cousin and rescuing animals doesn't leave time for blogging!

1. I have FINALLY decided to stop paying the University of Hawaii over-inflated tuition costs and make this dissertation my priority. I have been working on my paper, at the expense of my social networking (facebook) and blogging.

Well, there you have it - all my excuses.  I'll write a real post about the kids very soon - I'm sure no one really reads this to hear what I have to say anyway :)

No comments:

Post a Comment