The state of Hawaii has decided that in order to help the state's deficit, all public schools will be closed for an additional 17 days this school year and 17 more next year! What that means for teachers, is that we each take an 8% pay cut. I think it's horrible for education and appears that our state does not value education. But, on the positive side, Mark and I are grateful that we both have jobs and decided that we would just enjoy these Fridays as family time. Our first furlough day was yesterday...we have one basically every Friday through March. We actually had a very busy day - we took Gavin to the Water Park and had dinner with friends to celebrate Katie's 30th birthday a little early.
Gavin enjoying the slide at the water park.
Cooling off in the kiddie area
Playing under the waterfall...
I know this looks really bad! Yep, that's Gavin coming down the slide looking like a limp doll. Mark stands at the top and sends him down and I stay at the bottom to catch him. Although the look in his face is complete terror, when I catch him he says "Go Again!!" and climbs back up the stairs to do it again! I think we have a little thrill seeker!!
In the evening we went to Pokai Bay for dinner to celebrate with Katie.
Claudia and Tiff and the kids...
and the rest of the gang.
No comments:
Post a Comment