So far, we have approached potty training with just doing things to get Gavin's interest...watching Elmo potty video and reading a book about Ernie being "Too Big For Diapers". I thought we should buy him some underwear so when we are ready to go for it, we'll have underwear on hand (and the underwear are Elmo, so I thought that would be motivating for Gavin). I took Gavin to Target today to pick out his underwear and he loved them, wouldn't put them down in the cart! As we walked around the store, we talked about how big boys wear underwear and if he wanted to wear them, he would have to stop wearing diapers. Then Gavin started saying "Just a minute". Like how you would say it if someone calls you over and you can't come right away. When I asked him who he was talking to, he said Elmo. Then he started saying "Just a minute Elmo, I go poo-poo on potty". He kept repeating this over and over and was saying it very loud! I couldn't help but laugh at this, so the two of us must have looked pretty strange as we walked through Target! When we got to the car, I took a pair of his underwear out of the package for him to look at while we drove home. This is how I found him when we pulled into our parking spot at home... apparently he tried to put his new underwear on (over his diaper and shorts) while driving home, got tired and fell asleep.
No comments:
Post a Comment